Well,  I will admit that I have rarely used the SELECT filevar TO LIST
syntax so I can not pull out a specific example.

However, I have seen several occurrences where SELECT filevar missed
records and when the syntax was changed to EXECUTE "SELECT filename" it
worked perfectly.  This has occurred on both Universe and UniData.

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.528.0319
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"