Since I designed uvbackup to not store a files "image", but rather the
current properties of the file as well as the data, you can transport a
uvbackup image to any other supported system and restore it (assuming
permissions and such).   If uvbackup doesn't understand triggers, I would
consider that a "bug" (or regression), since one of the (original) goals
was to be able to use uvbackup/uvrestore as a complete backup/restoration
utility.   Lacking the ability to save/restore implemented file system
features, seems wrong to me.  However, as I am not a "uniVerse" engineer
any more, its just my $.02.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Glenn M. Herbert - Connectivity Development  Engineer
Information Integration Solutions, IBM Software Group
50 Washington Street Westboro, MA 01581
 508-599-7281 direct

"Jay Falck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
07/21/2005 12:59 PM
Please respond to
u2-users

<u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [U2] Uvbackup to disk

Jerry,

I have not tried it, but it is my understanding that as long as there are
no
SQL tables or hashed files with triggers the 'Endian'-ness of the files
will
be adjusted by restore.

I have found no method for moving a file that has had a trigger added
between 'Endian's except for creating a temporary, non-triggered file and
copying all data into it.

Jay

PS: My comments refer to UV9.6 and UV10.