Does anyone know what I would need open on a VPN connection to use UniRPC
over it?

I've got a VPN connection (Check Point VPN-1 Secure Client if that's
relevant) to a Unidata 6.1.9 server over which I am unable to use UniAdmin -
I get an error dialog  Title="RPC Connection Error..." Message="No RPC
Connection active.".

I have a remote desktop connection to this server, and can run UniAdmin from
the server desktop connecting to the server, so the UniRPC service is
running fine.

I can get the same error trying to connect from UniAdmin on my PC to a UD
server on my network via a tcp/ip proxy listening on port 31438 - the proxy
log shows a little bit of traffic:

10/08/2005 18:42:23 Connection Opened
10/08/2005 18:42:23 From Local
l......................
10/08/2005 18:42:23 From Local
........udadmin60...
10/08/2005 18:42:24 From Remote
10/08/2005 18:42:24 Connection Closed

The VPN connection is a customer's, so I can't really experiment with it -
I'd like to go straight in with an 'I need xxx' kind of thing.

I don't actually want to use UniAdmin if the answer is specific to that -
I'm wanting to use UniOleDB which I believe also uses UniRPC.

Thanks in advance
Simon