Ross Ferris wrote:
I would think that you have actually gone over the file size limit of
Linux ... tail & head may not REALLY be working (accurately).

I actually thought the limit was 2Gb (which is why the need for
partitioned files in the first place).

Happy to be wrong (not an active UD user), but had a similar problem
once when I copied a BIG file from a windows box to Linux across a Samba
Share

There was a 2GB file size limit on the ext2 filesystem with the 2.3 kernel, but I beleive that with the 2.4 kernel the max file size was upped to 2TB on ext2 and ext3 filesystems.

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator