-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Jordan
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:06 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] UV 10.1.11 XP SP2

Has anyone run into problems with UniVerse 10.1.11 on Windows XP SP2.  I
cannot get telnet or Uniobjects to work.

Telnet:
-----------
If the system event log: "UniVerse error: Unable to bind socket to telnet
port 23. It may be used by other application. WSA error: 10038."

Actions Taken:
I have done a netstat -oan and found nothing on port 23.
I have also switched the SP2 firewall off and this has made no changes.
I have tried running telnet against a different port number.
I can call universe through telnet on another machine from the suspect
machine.

UniVerse Administrator:
Login fails with the message RPC Connection Error 1 -The RPC failed

The service starts with no problem and failure does not raise an event in
the Windows event log.

I am also running Microsofts Anti spyware but this does not affect UniVerse
on a Windows 2003 machine.

Stumped !!!!

Regards
David Jordan