Interesting.  From Wiktionary on "acronym" (edited slightly):

====
Acronyms and initialisms are abbreviations formed from the initial letter or
letters of words, such as NATO and XHTML, and are pronounced in a way that
is distinct from the full pronunciation of what the letters stand for.

Of the two words, acronym is the much more frequently used and known, and
many dictionaries, speakers and writers refer to all abbreviations formed
from initial letters as acronyms. However, some still differentiate between
acronyms and initialisms: an acronym was originally a pronounceable word
formed from the initial letter or letters of the constituent words, such as
NATO or RADAR (from RAdio Detection And Ranging), while an initialism
referred to an abbreviation pronounced as the names of the individual
letters, such as TLA. The distinction is quickly becoming obsolete: although
conservative commentators continue to decry the loss of the distinction in
style guides and elsewhere, the word acronym is used nearly universally for
both meanings.
====

So HTH is actually an "initialism", because it is not pronounceable ( except
as a sneeze :).  First I'd ever heard of the term.

-Keith