Thanks.  And thanks for pointing out that FMT does not need a particular
ECLTYPE.  I tried it and it worked, however, I could not get CNV to work
under ECLTYPE=P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith W. Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:59 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] BY-EXP criteria in ecltype 'u'

I haven't played with this in UniData yet, but in UniVerse I would use both
WITH (to limit the selection) and WHEN (to limit the values shown):

SORT ORDER.FILE WITH MODEL = "ABC" "XYZ" BY-EXP MODEL WHEN MODEL = "ABC"
"XYZ" BREAK-ON MODEL TOTAL QTY

According to UniData HELP, FMT and CNV don't require any particular ECLTYPE,
but WHEN requires ECLTYPE=U.

-Keith

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on MCI's
Managed Email Content Service, visit http://www.mci.com.