Goo'day, Mike,

At 08:45 20/09/05 +1200, you wrote:

Listers,

I have a less-experienced member of my staff who needs to pass the "IBM
Certified Solutions Expert -- U2 Family Application Development" [i.e.
U2 Basic Language] exam. There are no practice exams available from IBM,
and it seems very unlikely that the relevant training course will ever
be offered in New Zealand, there just aren't enough people interested in
attending.

So, how does the poor guy get up to speed?
*       The PDF User Reference Manuals are not designed as instructional
guides,
        and aren't particularly helpful from that point of view.
*       His supervisor (that's me, unfortunately for him) is not one of
the
        world's great instructors either

Are there any UniVerse / U2 Basic Language Self-Study materials out
there in the market?  CBT?  Books?
Yes, we would actually *pay* *actual* money* for something useful! :-)

Have you looked at Jonathon Sisk's BASIC Programmers "book".
http://www.jes.com/pb/index.html

It's not UV-centric, but it's a good place for you/somebody to start and mark the differences....

HTH

Any help would be very gratefully received

Thanks

Mike
The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.

Regards,

Bruce Nichol
Talon Computer Services