Simon,

I believe you may be able to purchase an operator's manual or a programmer's
manual from printersource.com in the US.  Call John at 800-788-5101.

I understand that the Tally 6xxx series emulates, among others, the Epson FX
printer, so you should be able to write a driver using the Epson FX ESC
sequences.

What I don't know is the ESC sequence to put the Tally into the FX
emulation.  Perhaps you can do that from the control console on the front of
the printer.

We have a customer whose software we are migrating to UV/NT but he hasn't
decided yet if he wants to use his Tally 6045 printer with UV, so we haven't
tried writing the driver yet.

Please let me know how you eventually resolve this.

hth,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com