I agree.  Subroutines should be of a reasonable size for the task to be
performed, but to limit by lines is really unnecessary.  In fact it can
lead to a over-use of subroutines (yes there is such a thing) that creates
very fragmented code.  I was guilty of this in a sizable utility and it
became a real bear to debug and enhance.

> I do have to disagree with the statement of 10-line subroutines, though.
> Limit them to one function, okay, but limit the number of lines?  Not
> even as a guideline in my list of standards.
>
> BobW

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.528.0319
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701