Jeff Powell wrote:

I am querying a file with multivalued fields but I am not getting a
precise enough selection. I want to find only those records where the
multivalues for two separate fields meet the criteria within the same

The file is the order-log file. There is only one record for each order
number but within that record there is an activity log stored in
multivalued fields.

My desire is to construct (using uniobjects for java) a list command
that returns a list of ids where the transaction matches. In this case I
want to see only those records where action = PCK and act.date =
(today).
Here is my query:
"list order-log when action="pck" and when act.date="10/11/05" id.supp
hdr.supp col.hdr.supp count.sup @id fmt "132l""

Try
list order-log when ( action="pck" and act.date="10/11/05" ) ...

and make sure action and act.date are formally associated.

( Not tested )

hth
-- mats