Wendy

I've written stuff to read from a SQL database into UniBasic using the
BCI.
There's no conceptual difference between reading & writing, it's just a
matter of using a SQL INSERT or MODIFY instead of a SELECT in the string
passed to SQL.  I do have some doubts about how to set up transactions
to allow simultaneous SQL & UV updates, but that's functionality we
don't need yet.

The BCI documentation is sparse and the example code execrable, but it
does work and performance is not too bad, either.

UV 10.0.15 to MS SQL Server 2000, all on Windows, using the MS SQL
Server driver.

Mike

> We're on HP-UX.  At the moment I'm reading from Sybase with
> their JDBC driver then using UniObjects for Java to write
> records into UniData.  It's working fine, but it would be
> *really* nice to connect directly to Sybase from a UniBasic program.
>
> --
> Wendy Smoak

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.