>From the Unidata basic manual:

/common.name/
Specifies a name for a named common variable. common.name can have any valid
variable name no longer than seven characters. Default (no common name
provided) stores the variable in unnamed common.

Bob, your two common areas will be treated as one I think.

Bjvrn Eklund

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fren: Bob Woodward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skickat: den 18 oktober 2005 01:41
Till: U2-Users List
Dmne: [U2] Strange $INCLUDE problem

Hi Folks,

I've got a program that I'm enhancing and I'm needing to add a labeled
common to it.  It already has a standard common block that's $INCLUDEd
so I added my $INCLUDE right below that.  A synopsis of mine is:

*********************************

* MYSTUFF.INCLUDE

* INCLUDED LABEL COMMON AND ORIGINAL DEFAULT VALUES

COMMON /MYSTUFF/ AVAR1, AVAR2, AVAR3, AVAR4...

COMMON /MYSTUFF2/ BVAR1, BVAR2, BVAR3, BVAR4...

*

IF UNASSIGNED(AVAR1) THEN

   AVAR1 = ''

   AVAR2 = ''

   AVAR3 = ''

   AVAR4 = ''

   BVAR1 = ''

   BVAR2 = ''

   BVAR3 = ''

   BVAR4 = ''

END

*********************************

The problem I'm having is that when I use the line $INCLUDE HWG.BP
MYSTUFF.INCLUDE in the program I'm updating, the next executable line is
reported as either a warning or fatal error, no matter what the next
line is.  If I move the location of the $INCLUDE statement, it's always
the next executable line that gets reported as being in error.

If I cut and paste the include code directly into the program, the
program then compiles just fine with no errors.  I REALLY want to use
this as an include block and the only work around I've come up with is
to put a dummy assignment line right after the include statement.
Obviously, this is an ugly way to do this but I can live with it if I
have to.

Comments, anyone?  Suggestions?  Thoughts?  TIA.

BobW