Bob Woodward wrote:

I just wanted to report back to everyone that the problem seems to have
disappeared.  I wanted to go back and try some suggestions but I now
can't seem to duplicate the problem.  Everything is back to the way it
was, including the OKAY$ variable, and it all compiles without a hitch.
<shoulder shrug>

<muttering as I walk away, shaking my head>  Maybe I should ask them to
increase the dosage of my medicine....

Don't panic !

I've seen programs unexpectedly start to behave funny where a
recompile and recatalog has cured it.

Yes I checked that the source was not altered after the object code.

In one instance we now know  it was the first warning of an
faulty disk drive  soon thereafter to be replaced...

-- mats