[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have a customer that uses Crystal reports and recently had one of our
> installation people put the UVODBC client on their machines.
>
> Since the UVODBC client has been installed on the machines the users are
> getting an error message when trying to use Crystal Reports.

This has been reported before ...

> The errors are as follow:
>
> crw32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
> need to restart the program.
>
> and
>
> Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: CRSS, ODBC error 13:
> Could not load the setup or translator library. Verify that the file
> CRSS exists and that you can access it.
>
> I presume from the above that somewhere along the lines the UVODBC
> installation has over written an ODBC file that crystal reports was
> using.

You'll need to search for it, but this is, iirc, a known problem. UV and CR
clash over a dll. It's something like they both use "u2" as the identifying
prefix, then they both chose the same name a for dll ... dll hell ... :-(

I don't know whether a newer odbc client will fix it, but I do remember this
was a cause of problems when you put U2 and CR on the same machine. It was
version-specific, too, iirc. I think one person hit this when he was running
CR9 and upgraded to 10 or something. I'm sure it's been discussed on this list.

Cheers,
Wol