-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Anthony W.
Youngman
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 13:25
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] U2 SQL cache

In message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Don
Kibbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Be carefull how you explain that to the "unwashed masses".  I can just
>see the typical PHB exclaiming that UV/UD does not have this feature,
>therefore it must be inferior!

That's why I thought quite hard about how to word it.

And why I described it as "catch 22" and talked about PHBs :-)

Unfortunately, relational has won the marketing wars, but imho the whole
thing is totally unsound, primarily because it is based on maths without
a single drop of scientific proof anywhere.

Possibly the best way to say it to a PHB (provided he actually listens)
is that "UD is faster than SQL to start with. Query caching would only
slow it down". The other analogy I thought of is "which would you
prefer, an engine that gets 150bhp with a turbocharger, or one that gets
200bhp without?".

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the