Dianne:

The next step would be to look at the term-type, to make sure the
appropriate control codes are called, then the term-type item itself to make
sure the appropriate control codes are in the terminfo file.

Of course you should ensure the terminal is complied properly with "uvtic".

Hope this helps.

Bill