Aren't these changes affected by Linux configuration parameters?

----- Original Message ----- From: "HENDERSON MIKE, MR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: [U2] UV: Linux configuration question {Unclassified}

John & Jerry,

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Hester
Sent: Friday, 4 November 2005 10:45
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UV: Linux configuration question

[snip]

These are the uvconfig parameters that have been changed from
the default:

Our Production system is a 220-user Windows system ...

MFILES 70
   we use 1000
GLTABSZ 75
RLTABSZ 75
   we use 300
RLOWNER 300
MAXRLOCK 74
   we use 299
We also set
 T30FILE = 2500 (we use lots of Dynamic files)

I don't know why IBM doesn't just make them the default.

Or better still, make the installer a little more intelligent (less
stupid?) so that the generated values are affected by the amount of
memory in the host system.

Then offer a UniAdmin plug-in or similar that gathers statistics
and produces a report that says 'based on system activity from <date
/ time> to <date / time>, we recommend that you change these
parameters ...'

Ah well, dreams are cheap!
:-)

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.