Barry Rogen wrote:
>         Does anybody know of a good way (or
> program/utility)  to import (translate as it were)  dBase
> IV  data   onto a  UniVerse system.  We have a shipping
> package that uses dBase IV and I
> would love to be able to utlize that data from UniVerse.
> As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Barry, at the risk of posting something here about .NET twice in one day,
I'll suggest that .NET is an option for all of these questions we see here
about "how do I connect X to U2?".  See these links for info about dBASE
and .NET (sew the URL pieces together):
General ODBC to dBaseIV without a DSN:
  http://www.carlprothman
  .net/Default.aspx?tabid=90#ODBCDriverForDBASE
ODBC .NET Data Provider to datasources like dBaseIV with a DSN:
  http://www.carlprothman
  .net/Default.aspx?tabid=86#ODBCManagedProvider
  (scroll down to "For all other ODBC Drivers)
  (lots of other providers listed on that page, good info!)
ODBC and OLEDB connection info to DBF among many others:
  http:// www.connectionstrings .com/
Sample code:
  http://www.kdkeys
  .net/forums/748/ShowPost.aspx
And
  http://www.experts-exchange
  .com/Programming/Programming_Languages
  /Dot_Net/Q_20666541.html
And
  http://aspadvice
  .com/blogs/andrewmooney/archive/2004/10/22/2477.aspx

So that gets your dBASE files connected to .NET, but then what?  ADO.NET,
usable with those links above is a good universal hub for data from any
relational or MV source.

And then to U2?  [now the ad part]
mv.NET is a wheel spoke (so to speak) to any MV environment.  UO.NET is not
adequate for this it does not include native integration with ADO.NET where
mv.NET does, so while you can use UO.NET to do this for free, you will need
to manually write a lot of code for all of these sorts of projects.

I hope that helps.
Tony
TG@ removethisNebula-RnD .com
(all domains and addresses munged to minimize spam)