I've seen a couple of good guesses but I don't think they will do what
you've asked for.  Here is the I-Descriptor you're looking for.

1 I
2 @NI
3
4 LINE COUNT
5 10R
6 S

This works in UV.  I don't have a UD system to try it on.

HTH,
Gordon

Gordon J. Glorfield
Sr. Applications Developer
MAMSI (A UnitedHealth Company)
301-360-8839

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 11/22/2005 02:46:40 PM:

> You might try
> @RECORD;DCOUNT(@1,@FM)
> MD0,
> Count