I'm seeking some advice from others on reasonable parameters for a
KEYONLY dynamic hashed file on unidata.  We use them, but I'd like others
thoughts as I think we can get some better performance with more optimal
choices for split and merge loads.

In short, the file has a numeric, sequential key with records that vary
wildly in size (hence the use of KEYONLY).  The default split/merge values
are 60/40, but I've seen others casually mention the use of 20/10 as 'more
aggresive' values.

Yes, I've RTFM but would rather hear from others using these in
production.  Any advice appreciated.

Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Administrative Systems
Hampshire College
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
413-559-5556

"President Bush is not the most gifted orator."
                                  Reuel Marc Gerecht