Thank you all. It is working now with the VOC pointer. It is much
simpler now that I don't care what account I'm in.

One final question.

I have downloaded many of the pdfs ( UniBasic command ref., Using
unidata, SB+ Solutions, ...) from the IBM site but where is this
documented? Are there any books ( online or otherwise ) that a novice to
unidata programming could refer to in cases like this? What I've looked
at so far is more like a quick reference and doesn't really dive into
detail. For example the difference handling absolute-path and VOC
pointer with using the full path vs. path,rec-id approach.

Thanks again,

Jeff