We have a theory question...

I have a "C" function that when it completes, can return an complete XML
document as a 'string' instead of making me call the C function over and
over to 'bleed out' all the data...

So... Now I'm sitting in my UniBASIC routine, with a complete XML document
in hand, assigned to a UniBASIC Variable - but - and this is the part that
confuddles me - it appears none of the U2 UniBASIC XML extensions would be
usable against that XML item held in a variable unless I write it out to
disk, then 'open' it and read it...

And that seemed weird - will I really have to incur multiple disk-IO to
handle this? (Or even more frightening, have to write my own in-line
parser?!?)

Just wondering how others are doing it, or if I'm missing something from my
readings of the BASIC Extentions guide...

Thanks -
David W.