Andy:

Doesn't it strike you as odd that one can usually execute a verb against
multiple items in a file from TCL, but not with DELETE.LIST, CATALOG, and
I'm sure I'll run into a few more.  Maintaining consistency of syntax has
always been one of the hallmarks of MV systems.

So, when I encounter anomolies where I need to remember unusual syntaxes,
special exceptions, and develop work-arounds it makes me .  :-)

I'm finding UniData hasn't been updated very much.  E.g. in a virtual
attribute, in ECLTYPE P, one has to 'EXTRACT(@RECORD, 1, 0, 0)' if one wants
the first attribute.  This is 30 year old syntax that was obsolete 25 years
ago with the "<>" syntax.

Bill