I am currently looking at running a script which will run from CRON, say
every 1 minute. The script will invoke Universe and the process may take
more than 1 minute to complete.

If I remember correctly, there was a problem when doing this, whereby
the second, third and so on executions of the script would fail if the
first execution was still executing Universe. Something to do with the
job leader and how Universe assigns shared memory segments. Some people
on this list, Glenn Herbert even had some code which got around this by
reassing the group to the process ID or something along those lines.

Anyway, I am running UV 10.1.12 on RHEL 3.0 and this does not seem to be
the case anymore. I have created a test paragraph which does the
following

TEST
PA
DIVERT.OUT ON OUTPUT TEST APPEND
DATE
WHO
SLEEP 300
DATE
DIVERT.OUT OFF OUTPUT TEST

and this is invoked by a script which calls

/UVHOME/bin/uv TEST

When I look at the contents of the OUTPUT TEST record there is
information from multiple UV processes which are all running at the same
time.

Can someone, please confirm, that there once was a problem, but maybe
now it has been fixed, or am I missing something....

Regards,

Phil