Gee, I dunno...I learned it 20 years ago... <snicker>

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Walter Vaughan
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 14:34
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Newbies need love too

We are looking extremely hard at moving our company to an MRP/DM vertical
solution written to run on the UniVerse platform. Our internal staff has
dozens
of years experience with filePro, mySQL, PHP, perl... yet we have no
experience
among the four of us working with UniVerse or any MultiValued/Pick DBMS.

The whole concept doesn't scare us since it appears to be a mashing together
of
a lot of concepts that we already are familiar with.

HOWEVER.

What about the newbies? Don't we get any love? I have went through every
google
term I could think of to come up with a simple "This is how you get started
with
a UniVerse". I have installed the personal editions and have the server
running,
but I have no clue as to really creating a database, defining a table,
inserting
data into a record, retrieving data from a record, and applying business
logic
to fields.

Is there not a "UniVerse for Dummies" website? Our sales rep asked his
programmer and he said, "I learned it 20 years ago, I don't know how you
would
learn it today."

I have 23 and 28 year old programers that will have to live with this
solution
for the next 20 years. They're bright, but in order to get them excited
about
this platform I need to let them experiment.

Any website pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter Vaughan
Vice President
Steele Rubber Products, Inc.