-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Walter Vaughan
Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2006 12:01 p.m.
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Newbies need love too

We are looking extremely hard at moving our company to an MRP/DM
vertical solution written to run on the UniVerse platform. Our internal
staff has dozens of years experience with filePro, mySQL, PHP, perl...
yet we have no experience among the four of us working with UniVerse or
any MultiValued/Pick DBMS.

The whole concept doesn't scare us since it appears to be a mashing
together of a lot of concepts that we already are familiar with.

HOWEVER.

What about the newbies? Don't we get any love? I have went through every
google term I could think of to come up with a simple "This is how you
get started with a UniVerse". I have installed the personal editions and
have the server running, but I have no clue as to really creating a
database, defining a table, inserting data into a record, retrieving
data from a record, and applying business logic to fields.

Is there not a "UniVerse for Dummies" website? Our sales rep asked his
programmer and he said, "I learned it 20 years ago, I don't know how you
would learn it today."

I have 23 and 28 year old programers that will have to live with this
solution for the next 20 years. They're bright, but in order to get them
excited about this platform I need to let them experiment.

Any website pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter Vaughan
Vice President
Steele Rubber Products, Inc.