On 2/8/06, David Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Could you not do that as one SQL statement ie as below
>
>         UPDATE ...... WHERE ID = (SELECT id FROM table WHERE ...)

No.  That's stripped down from the actual code until I can figure out
what I'm doing wrong.

The original program selects a bunch of rows from a view, cursors
through them, and updates a different table as it processes each row.
I can't write back to the view, and I don't want to write at all until
I've evaluated the data in the row and done my processing.

(And since once again I've forgotten to mention it:  UniData 6.1.)

--
Wendy