If it's anything like our recent conversion to Linux fnuxi will not have to be run the uvbackup and restore take care of that for you. We backed up each individual account to a file and copied these files over the network to the new system then restored it. Since we kept the same file locations there was no problem restoring the whole directory structure. You will have to update the accounts when you first log into them, it's automatic, so you should do it as root. All dictionaries will most likely have to be recompiled as will as the programs. Use a select and compile.dicts for the former and a select and basic for the later. Make sure you recatalog any globally cataloged programs.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hennessey, Mark F." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:24 PM
Subject: [U2] UV: Tru64 to Solaris

A sister site will be moving from UV 9.something on Tru 64 to UV10.latest_they_can_get on Solaris 10.

Using UV backup/Uv Restore seems to be indicated. Would it be best to use UVBACKUP for all universe accounts, or to use uvbackup on each account? Also, I think fnuxi/FORMAT.CONV must be run. I think it would be best to:

UVBACKUP each UV account,
UVRESTORE on new Solaris box,
then fnuxi * using defaults.

Any comments, suggestions?