JJ replied to me - I'm sure he won't mind my forwarding his message to the
group...

From: "John Jenkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Simon Lewington'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:47 PM
Subject: RE: [U2] UD telnet server

Key test

Open a DOS shell on the CONSOLE and telnet to 127.0.0.1 (NOT localhost). If
you don't use the default port (23) specify the actual port you use.

If this works your problem is Windows or the NIC.

Check the NIC card version and drivers - there is an article in the IBM U2
knowledgebase and some "suspect cards/drivers".

If it's a Broadcom Gigabit card try changing the driver version or swap from
(manufacturer proprietary) to 3COM version for instance. Usually a working
combination is found - sometimes not. If you can't resolve it by driver or
NIC config changes then change the NIC - or add a "cheap and cheerful"
100Mb/s NIC and use that LAN spur.

A WWW search on the problem will throw up hits on a significant number of
software packages.

Regards

JayJay

"Steven Frost" wrote...