Jerry, Bruce,

Thank you both for your questions and suggestions.

They led me to ECLTYPE=P and BASICTYPE="P".

The program compiled *after* I set BASICTYPE="P", even though there is no
mention in the documentation regarding the EXECUTE statement that  the
RTNLIST option only works when BASICTYPE is set to "P".

I looks like the Unidata documentation isn't any better than the Universe
documentation.

Without you and others in this group, I'd be lost.

Thanks again for your help,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com