From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:30 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2][UV] Universe and SQL Server

   The BEST WAY?? Is always my way of course <chuckle>.

   ... you might also consider the HTTP/XML type options. One of the
lads
   here  is experimenting with a Web Service, using the UniVerse SOAP
API
   and  SQL2005,  we're also currently using SQLXML quite successfully
   update SQL2000...

   Stuart

   Hello all,
   We  are currently looking into ways to share our data between
universe
   and  SQL  Server,  and I am trying to get some suggestions on the
best
   way  to  do  this.  We  are  currently generating text files in UV
and
   ftp'ing those files to a designated location. We have a task
scheduler
   that  picks  up  the  files when they arrive and inserts them into
SQL
   server.  I  know  there  are  ways to communicate directly between
SQL
   server  and  Universe and I am looking for the best way to do this.
It
   doesn't  matter  if  Universe reaches out to SQL Server or vice
versa.
   Thanks.

   This  email message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential
   and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you
have
   received  this  email  in  error please notify the Spotless IS
Support
   Centre  (+61 3 9269 7555) immediately, who will advise further
action.
   This  footnote  also confirms that this email message has been
scanned
   for the presence of computer related viruses.