A few things come to mind:

1. Is the slowdown for the interactive users a general slowdown thought the
business day, or only at specific points in time?
2. Do you experience any udt sessions that are "run aways" (that is, zombie
sessions?)
3. How many users? What kind of locking activity?
4. What is the I/O activity that you are seeing across the adapters (through
nmon)?

These are items that indicate a need for an overall system assessment ...
the issue could well be related to the environment ... and it could be
related to the work load and timing of events throughout the day (most
likely, a combination of both).

You may want to consider an outside assessment of your overall system
performance, both from the AIX and from the UniData on AIX perspectives.

---

Regards,

Robert