Brian,

   your   apology   is   graciously   accepted   ;-)   To  clear  up  the
   misunderstanding,  the  conversion  and the rules should be consistent
   with  ICONVing  a month name. Use `DMA' instead of `DWA' in the sample
   program from my original post and you'll get the gist of it.

   As  far  as  ISO  conversion goes - here's a hypothetical question for
   you: If 2 book orders came in from the web each for 1 "Da Vinci Code",
   you  only  have  1  in stock, which order gets priority? The one dated
   2006-04-30T02:56:32+11:00 or the other dated
   2006-04-29T11:56:32-05:00?

   That's  right,  you  have  to  cut the book in half... even though one
   order  was dated the 30^th and the other the 29^th they were raised at
   exactly  the  same moment in time (spooky music plays - camera pans to
   cryptic  symbols  ...)  and  have the same temporal priority. The fact
   that  ISO date time is a recognised international standard and is used
   extensively  in  XML,  is  "language"  and  OS independent and that it
   DOESN'T  separate  date and time is actually something I wish Pick did
   better.  It  is  functionality that IBM already have in other products
   and could easily incorporate into a U2.

   Cheers,

   Stuart

   Stuart
   > Speaking of ICONV, anyone noticed that `DWx'
   > conversions are fubar.
   Sorry  to  sound  negative  and apologies if I'm misunderstanding your
   gripe
   but..
   How  can  you  ICONV  with  a  DW?  Date conversions should ICONV to a
   specific
   date to be meaningful: if you want to convert a Monday - which Monday?
   This
   Monday,  last  Monday,  nearest  Monday, the first Monday (this year),
   first
   Monday ever? (give or take a couple of billion years).
   And  if  IBM  did  pluck  one  of those out of a hat, you can bet your
   bottom
   dollar  half  the  people  on  the  list would complain that it wasn't
   *their*
   interpretation.
   Some conversions just ain't meant to be reversible.
   > This, along with my other gripe of not easily handling
   > ISO standard
   > dates (yyyy-mm-ddTHH:mm:ssZ) it seems like an
   That really stems from the fact that MVDBMS sensibly separate date and
   time:
   something  I  so  often wish other languages did! You can get the date
   format
   using:
   D-YMD[4,2,2]
   Eg.
   LIST BOOK_SALES SALE_DATE CONV "D-YMD[4,2,2]"
   LIST  BOOK_SALES SALE_DATE SALE_DATE CONV "D-YMD[4,2,2]" 09:26:16am 13
   Jun
   2006
   PAGE 1
   BOOK_SALES... Sale Date.. Sale Date..
   13660*37800*1 25 MAY 2005 2005-05-25
   13512*63000*1 28 DEC 2004 2004-12-28
   13715*54000*3 19 JUL 2005 2005-07-19
   Brian

   This  email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
   and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
   received  this  email  in  error please notify the Spotless IS Support
   Centre  (+61 3 9269 7555) immediately, who will advise further action.
   This  footnote  also confirms that this email message has been scanned
   for the presence of computer related viruses.