Arthur,

I have a Purchase Order XML file that I need to load into UniData, the problem is that it has 4 levels to it.
 I can read it to the SVM level (3) with the extraction file, but what do I do
about level 4?

 I tried using two extraction files, one for the 'Header' information.  And one
for the 'Detail' (line item) information, this way it only goes to 3 levels.
But, it won't create a separate record ID for each (multiple) Line Number in
the UniData file.  Is this possible?  If not I'm still stuck back at 4 levels.

Have you looked at writing an XSL transformation that turns the XML into something which the UV utilities can access more easily.

regards,

Craig