"Kate Stanton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 2 Aug 2006 18:11:11 +1200

> I would go for the simplest solution to operate and maintain,
> almost to hell with machine efficiency.  You (or anyone else
> trying to follow you) are probably the most critical and
> expensive resource.

I must disagree with your reasoning.  System response time is critical in a
customer service situation.  If a customer has to wait a noticeable time
because the programmer didn't make an effort to provide efficient code,
it's a waste of the customer's time - and I would suggest that a customer's
time is a company's most critical resource, and wasting it is your most
expensive mistake.

--Tom Pellitieri
  Century Equipment
  Toledo, Ohio