If memory serves me, and it's been a while, you still need to set the
UNIX permissions to 000.

Jef.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 5 October 2006 10:12 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] [UV] How to create unix ".netrc" file?

   Thanks - that's what I ended up doing.

   Stuart

   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   On  Behalf  Of
"Womack,
   Adrian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Sent: Wednesday, 4 October 2006 16:55
   To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>

   I  wanted  to  do  something  similar  (allowing  a user to edit
their
   .profile
   record from within UV). What I ended up doing was using a file name
   without a dot and then using SH to execute a unix "cp" to change the
   file's name.

   This  email message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential
   and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you
have
   received  this  communication in error, please reply to this e-mail
   notify  the  sender  of  its incorrect delivery and then delete it
and
   your  reply.  It  is  your  responsibility to check this email and
any
   attachments for viruses and defects before opening or sending them
on.
   Spotless  collects  personal  information  to  provide  and market
our
   services.  For  more information about use, disclosure and access,
see
   our privacy policy at http://www.spotless.com.au

   Please consider our environment before printing this email.