You  don't  indicate whether this is Unidata or Universe or the flavor
   you are running in.

   However  one  suggestion I can make is to enclose your calculations in
   parenthesis to insure that operator precedence is not your problem.

   IF (INTREC+PRNREC) # (INTPAY+PRNPAY) THEN

   Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS COMMUNICATIONS

   250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201

   P 410.361.8688 | F 410.454.8392

   [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

   Vertis  Communications  -  Partnering  with  clients to solve the most
   complex,   time-sensitive  marketing  challenges  through  consulting,
   creative,   research,   direct,   media,  technology,  and  production
   services.

   "The more they complicate the plumbing

     the easier it is to stop up the drain"

   - Montgomery Scott NCC-1701