<snip>

You're not using the PE version by any chance are you?

</snip>

No.  I was able to work around the issue by creating a Q-pointer in another
account to the VOC file in question.  I was then able to create a new file,
copy the 'bad VOC' into the 'new VOC', then drop to unix, save off a copy of
the bad VOC, then overlay the bad VOC with the new copy.  At least we can now
make additions/deletions to the account in question.

Another strange thing: When a write or delete failed UV did NOT put a message
in errlog.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'll update the list if/when we find out just
what happened to give this VOC file such a serious wedgie.

Mark Hennessey