From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 9:15 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] Managing open files

If you're on a late enough version of UD have a look at SYSTEM(50). I
can see it on my system as of 6.0.12 but not at 5.1.27.

Here is a snippet from "help system"

50 The UniBasic SYSTEM(50) function returns a list of files open
in UniBasic as a dynamic array. The first field is multivalued, and
contains the following information:
Value 1 - The maximum number of files that can be opened system-wide.
Value 2 - The current number of hashed files open in UniBasic.
Value 3 - The current number of dynamic hashed files open in UniBasic.
Value 4 - The current number of recoverable hashed files open in
UniBasic.
Value 5 - The current number of sequential and OS-level files open
          in  UniBasic.
Value 6 - The current number of index files open in UniBasic.
Value 7 - The current number of temporarily closed files in UniBasic.

This should give you everything that you need.

HTH
Colin Alfke
Calgary Canada