nor defeat.                t. roosevelt

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brenda Price
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:38 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Index Problem

Last night a process that sleeps until around 2-3 am, then wakes up and
does a BUILD.INDEX CUST.MSTR ALL failed.  One of the indices BAD.ADDR
was locked and failed which stopped all the other indices from building.
So when we came in this morning nothing had been done from that point
on.

I've changed the process to build each index one at a time instead of
the ALL option, so if one fails the rest continues, which will slow it
down somewhat but is safer.  Plus only the indices that are correctives
will be rebuilt.

This happened before in May 2006 and I am pretty sure that it was the
exact index (BAD.ADDR) that hung us.

The dict is this:

BAD.ADDR

<1> I

<2> IF BAD.ADD = "Y" THEN 1 ELSE 0

<3>

<4>

<5>1R

<6>S

BAD.ADD

<1>A

<2>44

<3>Bad^253Add

<4>

<5>

<6>

<7>

<8>

<9>L

<10>1

On our test system, I've changed BAD.ADDR, deleted the index, created
the index, and built it again as I was wondering if it was having
problems from using another dictionary item.  Once a window of
opportunity happens I'll do the same on our live system.

<1>I

<2> IF @RECORD<44> = "Y" THEN 1 ELSE 0

<3>

<4>

<5>1R

<6>S

No one really thinks that is going to matter but I'm grasping at straws.
Any ideas?

Brenda Price

Affiliated Acceptance Corporation

Sunrise Beach, Missouri