Hello, all.

We are in the process of moving to a new ERP solution which runs on Unidata. Our legacy system runs on Universe. In running some processes on each system, we are seeing some performance differences; in particular, running programs which make liberal - though not particularly efficient - use of dynamic arrays on our legacy (Universe on Linux) system run orders of magnitude faster than the same programs on a much larger system (Unidata on AIX).

In the process of determining the origins of these problems, I want to rule out any Universe vs. Unidata issues. My question is this: does Universe handle the random searching of dynamic arrays (such as VAR1 = VAR2<x>) better than Unidata?

Thanks,
Drew

Drew Henderson                         "There are two types of people -
Dir. for Computer Center Operations     those who do the work and those
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             who take the credit. Try to be
                                       in the first group, there is
110 Ginger Hall                         less competition."
Morehead State University                               Indira Ghandi
Morehead, KY 40351 Phone: 606/783-2445 Fax: 606/783-5078