-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Taylor
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 5:13 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Installing Printers on UV/AIX

One of our clients is running uniVerse 10.1.22 on AIX 5.3 using Pick
flavored accounts.

All of their printers are network (TCP/IP) printers - none are serial or
parallel.

They have installed a UVDEFAULT printer on AIX connected to an AIX print
queue.

They can print to this printer from TCL but can not SPOOL a print job to
it from a file (not the &HOLD& file) using the AT option.

1.  Can the SPOOL command see O/S level printers/queues without having
to add them to the &DEVICE& file?

2.  Do they need to add these networked printers to the &DEVICE& file so
that the SPOOL command will see them, and if so, what does that record
need to look like?

4.  Is there anything else they need to do within Universe?

4.  Do they need to install these printers differently on AIX?

As always, thanks for your assistance.

Rgds,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com IBM Business Partner