Don't forget to use the -r option so that it builds a database of your guide
statistics. Then you can run uniquery reports off the stats.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Susan Joslyn
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:25 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Guide

Hello again group.
Now I'm trying to sort out guide and other tools that one might use to
examine and evaluate ones file system.
I can find help on GUID in the HELP GUIDE from TCL and I can find it in the
admin manual.  But when I type it, nothing happens.  Do I need to install
something?  Somewhere I found the suggestion to run FILE-STAT, which I can
do.  But it doesn't offer anywhere nearly the level of detailed information
that I see documented in guide.

I'm on windows, is guide a unix only thing or something?

All help appreciated.
(Still plugging away on the file pointer issue, thanks again to everyone who
had an idea on that.)