I'm with you on the CAPS issue.  I do find the code in caps easier to
read.  Perhaps I'm just used to it from the first 20 years of my career
spent writing COBOL.  I think the layout of the code and choice of
variable and paragraph names has more to do with readability that
whether it is upper or lower case.

My own convention is CAPS FOR KEYWORDS AND VARIABLES, MixedCase for
paragraph names, and lower case for comment lines.  I find that plus
using AccuTerm's WED editor with syntax highlighting, makes for very
readable code.

I was skeptical about the syntax highlighting at first...thought it was
frivolous.  Now I feel cramped when using an editor that does not have
it.

I hate line editors...always have, even though I have used them in the
past, notably MS-DOS's EDLIN and one that was part of the Honeywell
Level-62 IPS software.  But I have never used them with MV, as I was
introduced to Pick/D3 and SB+ at the same time and have always used SE
until I got AccuTerm.  I don't even like vi, as I am so used to modeless
editors.  Seems to me that a fondness for line editors is just a teeny
bit masochistic.

Norman Morgan <> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> http://www.brake.com
Last 2 words of the national anthem - PLAY BALL!