-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin Phillips
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:08 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UV 10.2 issues

Hi Mike,

If I am understanding your email correctly, this is a VERY DANGEROUS thing
to do.

Using OFF (or any of the other logout commands either directly or from
within the application) will close the session neatly.

Simply clicking on the X at the top right of the window terminates the
network connection without asking UV to shut down nicely. If you are lucky,
it will catch the lost connection and tidy up. If you are unlucky, it will
leave locks around and may even corrupt files.

I have seen this on client sites and have had to repair damaged files that
were corrupted by this sort of action. We're not talking about an odd lost
record here but structural integrity probelms that effectively result in
total loss of a business critical data file.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton, NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200