When we send jobs to a printer, we use a setptr command, typically written
in a VOC item we run just before the job goes to the printer.

0005: execute "CRHP"
where CRHP is a VOC entery that looks like:

0001 PA Used For HP Laser In Computer Room
0002 SETPTR 0,132,88,1,3,1,BRIEF,NFMT,NHEAD,EJECT,FORM CRHP,INFORM
0003 RUN BP SET.HPLASER RESET

Whenever we have a test of some type, we create a new VOC entry for the
testing so nothing but our test is affected. The RESET on line 3 above
clears anything we did in the test.

If you are using an OS level driver, then something very similar can be
accomplished by creating a new driver there.

Just a thought.

Karl

<quote who="Mark Waldron">
> Having an issue with printing 3of9 Barcode to HP printers.  We're on
> Wintel UV 10.3. Using a subroutine that came off this group. The  job
> works fine going directly to the printer but does not work sending to
> &HOLD& first and then to the printer.  Were using NFMT always on the
> SETPTR.  I looked at help for SETPTR and saw something about RAW but
> haven't tried it as I don't know what else that may effect.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mark Waldron
> Director of Information Systems
> City of Salem, Va
> Phone  (540) 375-3099
> Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Karl Pearson
Director of I.T.
ATS Industrial Supply, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.atsindustrial.com
800-789-9300 x29
Fax: 801-972-3888

"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."