It was USC and the operator was Mike O' Rear. I hope I spelled that correctly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Drew Henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 5:15 PM
Subject: Spam:Re: [U2] Users of UniVerse

One of the schools out there (can't recall for sure if it was UC-B) used to run Prime Information on Prime systems. One of the admins out there hosted the info-prime list (the predecessor to this group, IIRC.)

Aptron sells the AIMS education management software (we've been running it since 1981: Prime Information/Primos -> Universe/HP-UX -> Universe/Linux; in the process of moving to Colleague) that runs under Universe.

Drew

Gabriel Green wrote:

When I was a student sysadmin at UC Berkeley, the entire housing and dining
system, door entry cards, student payment system, et cetera, ran on a
refrigerator-sized McDonnel Douglass computer running some form of PICK (I
am curious now, does anyone here want to tell me what those ran?) During my time there I was a UNIX/Windows sysadmin but that department converted from
that machine to a NT4 box running UniVerse.

AFAIK, they are still using UniVerse.

Gabe

Drew Henderson                         "There are two types of people -
Dir. for Computer Center Operations     those who do the work and those
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             who take the credit. Try to be
                                       in the first group, there is
110 Ginger Hall                         less competition."
Morehead State University                               Indira Ghandi
Morehead, KY  40351   Phone: 606/783-2445   Fax: 606/783-5078