-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, 8 May 2007 2:18 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] I-DESC Dict Items Returning SUBR Value

I am trying to create a dictionary item in Universe 10.0.10 and 10.2.3 that
will return the description of an item wrapped in multiple lines, if
necessary, limited in a given width.

The DICT item in the DICT of the PRINTERS file is PDESC:

>ED DICT PRINTERS PDESC
This is a Type "I" Descriptor last compiled on 05/07/07 at 20:06.
20 lines long.
----:
0001: I
----:
0002: SUBR( 'PDESC' , @ID , @RECORD  )

The Subroutine, PDESC, called by the DICT Item is:

>ED ES PDESC
8 lines long.

----: P
0001: SUBROUTINE PDESC(ANS,ID,RECORD)
0002: TEXT = RECORD<1>
0003: *PRINT @(5,22):'BEFORE WRAP ':TEXT
0004: WIDTH = 10
0005: CALL UHL.WRAP(ANS,TEXT,WIDTH)
0006: *PRINT @(5,23):'AFTER WRAP ':ANS
0007: RETURN
0008: END
Bottom at line 8.

When the PRINT statements are activated, the description prints properly in
both "BEFORE" and "AFTER" cases.

But, when I issue the statement at TCL: LIST PRINTERS PDESC, I get nothing
returned from the I-Desc PDESC.

What am I missing?

tia,

Dave

Dave Taylor
CEO
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(F) 310-377-3550
www.sysmarkinfo.com
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation, DataSync Integration and
Software
Migration
Authorized IBM Business Partner