Yeah - I had a play with the beta program, TBH it is only about 20 or so lines
of code in ASP.NET to write a web service front end to a unibasic subroutine so
I never bothered using the new web service developer !

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 June 2007 08:16
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Universe PE - Web Services

Sara

The web services require a pooled connection licence.
Which is, unfortunately, not available with PE.

Grrr....

Though I have to say, when I finally got to play with the IBM web services I've
found them disappointing, particularly in the lack of data types. Maybe someone
who can afford them now can tell me if they've extended that.

I rolled my own a couple of years back ("mvSOAP"), then mothballed them when I
heard IBM were bringing their own out. But I'm considering blowing the dust off
them again - support for doc and RPC modes, standard data types, control over
multivalues, reusable templates and basic validation were all in there, and
fast.

Brian

While we are waiting for an official version of UniVerse 10.2.4 we have
been trying to get Web Services working in the downloadable PE version.

We have created a Web Service but when we try to run it we are advised
in the log that the license has expired.

Is this not able to be used in the PE version or is there some way of
extending the license?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sara Burns

Sara Burns (SEB)

IS Development Manager

Public Trust
Phone: +64 (04) 978 4534 (DDI)

Mobile: 029 978 4534
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >

A family trust can help you protect your assets if the unexpected happens. To
find out how a family trust works and if one's right for you, call 0800 505
405.

The information contained in this communication (including any attachment) is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
communication. You must not disclose, copy or use in any way the information
contained in this communication. Any views expressed in this communication are
not necessarily the views of Public Trust. No representation is made that this
communication is free of error, virus or interference.